Do you have a child learning math facts or struggling with math? There are lots of math games, aids, and manipulatives on the market. Parents and Teachers ask me, "What is special about Albert’s Insomnia?"
Albert’s Insomnia improves math skills in a fun, playful way! Albert’s Insomnia is available in many forms. One package is a cool, flashy, retail friendly, blister pack that fits right in with the Barbie Dolls and squirt guns on the toy store shelf. For the educators, games are available in "kits" that come with score pads, an activities book, and great lesson plans. Choose a link above and "swing" to the page that best fits your needs.
Albert's Insomnia is "The Game You Can Count On"
By RJB3 Games
P.O. Box 390222
Snellville, GA 30039
Albert's Insomnia also won the prestigous Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award 2012!
Albert has won many awards! He will be a winner for you too!
Many products called “math games” are really math activities. What is the difference, you ask? The kids know! You can see it in their level of engagement; but not to avoid the question, here is a short list of what makes Albert’s Insomnia a true game:
1. taking turns with friends
2. starting off easy to fully "hook" and engage all players
3. game play gradually gets more and more challenging
4. competing against yourself, a timer and/or friends
5. providing fun social interaction
6. achieving a real sense of accomplishment from playing
7. eventual collaboration
Math Education experts have told us what they like about Albert’s Insomnia is, “It is a great game that automatically tiers Math Instruction!” What does that mean?
1. The game starts off easy; to engage even the most reluctant math students.
2. Players are gradually challenged to use more advanced math techniques to stay in the game.
3. Players don’t realize they are doing math work; They are just trying to play and win a game!
4. Play is differentiated which means players of different skill levels can play together.
5. Play typically progresses with;
a) addition and subtraction of two cards
b) then three cards
c) progressing to four cards or the use of multiplication and even division
d) finally factoring, order of operations, and the basics of algebra come into play
The Albert’s Insomnia Game provides opportunities to Problem Solve as well as Critical and Creative Thinking Skills practice. Most games do this in some way, but Albert’s Insomnia uniquely minimizes the luck and random chance associated with most games. The result of limiting the randomness has created wonderful and powerful side effects of increasing self-confidence and self-esteem of players; all the while intuitively improving "number sense".